Arnold Schwarzenegger is considered to be one of the best and most respected bodybuilders of all time.
During his prime, his physique is unmatched and he consistently wins in the Mr. Olympia, a competition for the bodybuilding industry that is akin to the Ms. Universe.
Arnold Schwarzenegger is respected not just because of his physique but because of his character. When someone asks him how he does things, he never hesitates to share his secrets.
Today, I am going to talk about the 5 bodybuilding tips that the great Arnold Schwarzenegger has imparted.
If you’re just starting out or you’re already a seasoned bodybuilder, these tips will surely help you:
- Learn to Trust Yourself. When you’re trying to get better at something, whether you’re losing weight or gaining muscles, a lot of people will surely drag you down and downright doubt you. But, Arnold says to trust in yourself. Have a vision in mind and do all the things necessary to achieve it. In this case, if you want to become a bodybuilder or you want to have a better physique, envision that one and trust yourself that you’re going to make it.
- Learn to break Some Rules. Rules are set by mankind. Although there are rules or commandments set by our Lord, most of the rules are just manmade rules. Earlier in his career, Arnold was doubted by many in that he can never go beyond his bodybuilding and acting career. But, he broke those rules as he won a lot of Mr. Olympia titles and he is revered as one of the best action stars in Hollywood. Remember, rules are rules. But, you become powerful when you know when to break them.
- Embrace Failure. When does failure usually happen? It happens when you take risks. And, if you want to be successful in life, you must learn how to embrace failure. Arnold never achieved his status by not failing; he consistently failed at things and he made it as fuel to become better in what he does.
- Ignore the Naysayers. This is probably one of the most prevalent things that occur in the world. Whatever you do, there are always going to be naysayers that say to you that you cannot do this or do that. But, Arnold learned to block out the naysayers and he proved them wrong. If someone ever doubts you or someone belittles your capabilities, just ignore them and push forward!
- Work Hard. When I train at the gym, I always see people doing shortcuts. They think that they can achieve their dream bodies by going the easy route. But, that is not the case. Whatever you do in life, always work hard to attain it. A lot of people always have the excuse of “oh, I do not have the time to workout”, but Arnold says that’s full of crap. You see, there are 24 hours in a day; sleep 6 hours and you have 18. Work for 8 hours and you have 10 hours left. Workout at least an hour a day and you have 9 hours to spend. Seriously, there is no real excuse. Work hard, attain your goals, and I assure you, you will be happier.
I always admire Arnold’s work ethic and his principles. Not only does it apply in bodybuilding but it can also be applied in other areas in life.